Monday, May 21, 2007

Vow Renewal








I am going to travel back in time for a bit, and post our vow renewal photos. As all of you know, Jeremiah and I have been married for a year and a half. We had a "military wedding", it was special, but we wanted to do it right! So we had a vow renewal ceremony in a church in Eatonville, Washington and a reception following. We had a great time. During the ceremony, we had a rose ceremony (where we swapped a sinlge red rose as a gift for our one-year anniversary). We also had a ring ceremony, we had tweaked the vows for that to fit our occasion and meaningful to us. We also had a slide show played to our original wedding song. our wedding party had the following people: Gloria Lowe, Ashley Thomas, Monica Vlasik, Mia Snyder (Flower girl), Isabelle Snyder (flower Girl), Scott Snyder (ring bearer), Nick Olson, Jacob Westerlund (best Man), Alyse Anderson (Maid of Honor). Jeremiah and I would like to thank those in the wedding party, those who helped set up and tear down. A special thank you to Sharon Van Eaton ( she helped decorate, and played lovely music for us), Chris Cimino (She worked SO hard and also video taped our ceremony and reception for us), Bob Walters (He took lots and lots of lovely photos to remember this day with, Lanore Callahan (she was the wedding coordinator and did an excellent job), Jean Kilts and Family (they also helped coordinate and decorate as well as doing the food, it was tasty, Finally a big thank you to Mary Schactler and students (They worked after school to put our flowers together and they were gorgeous. (My run on sentance is complete!) Everyone contributed in such a big way from travel, to decoration, to support. We wish we could name everything, but those of you know who you are and hopefully know how thankful we are.




The flower girls and ringbearer were so cute, they provided laughter and a much needed stress relief. The ringbearer decided that he wanted to take a nap once he made it up the isle. I wish I could have done the same!





As I mentioned earlier, Sharon Van Eaton played the piano for our ceremony. She also helped us out in numerous ways leading up to the event.




Pastor Paul Walker of the Eatonville United Methodist Church did an excellent job helping us coordinate and putting our Vows together for us. His words were very well chosen and are a cherished memory for us. Thank You Pastor.




Jeremiah and I did a ring ceremony wich was unique and perfect for us.



The Rose CeremonyWe both took a moment to reflect on our love and life as we listened to our original wedding song, the slide show should be posted at the end of this post enjoy.The Kiss

I now introduce (again) to you Mr. and Mrs. Westerlund



The reception was short, but fun. There were quite a few folks that showed up and lots of good food. Thanks to Jean Kilts (and family) and Lanore Callahan. The reception hall looked wonderful.




All of the guests had a wonderful time getting to visit with one another.






The cake... where to start??? It was soooo yummy. Annyone who is in the Eatonville area, I HIGHLY recommend Truly Scrumptious Bakery. Jenny (the owner and cake lady) did a wonderful job, not only did it look perfect, but it tasted just as good.





Somebody told us that you never get to have a lot of food at your own party, boy, ain't that the truth! What we did have was great!




Every one who gave a speech at the reception had very true and loving words. Terry Van Eaton gave a speech on how you can have a Sears marriage, where if you don't like something, you can take it back and exchange it for something you do like; or you can have a marriage from the Lord, where, yes there are road blocks, but with him you can work it out and grow closer as a result. All in all, this was better than we could have imagined, and the reason is because of everyone involved.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




From a wife's point of view:




If someone would have come up to me when I was a senior and told me that I was going to join the Air Force, learn how to cook, go to Alaska and meet the man of my dreams only a year and a half later... I wouldn't have believed them. I am glad for each trial and tribulation, strength and weakness, for each friend I made along the way for each enemy , for each experience that I have been through. Because without them, I wouldn't have the great family I have today, nor the knowledge that one can only get from living. If things hadn't turned out the way they did, I would not be a wife or have the love of my life to hold and hug each night. Thank God for my life, family, friends, and my husband.








1 comment:

Kim Coreson said...

*sniffle* Gosh that was precious. It was nice to meet you today at Moose is Loose. Please email me sometime. I'd like to ask you a couple questions.

God bless!

Kim Coreson