Friday, February 29, 2008

Simply put...paradise

For every time that I say I hate Alaska, it's times like today, that I realize that I could never really truly leave this place! Simply put... paradise!



We took Lady and Bear out to our favorite spot, Clam Gulch, and I have to say that we are quite proud of both of them, as they stayed near us and were both off the leash at the same time! it was a balmy day out, at a sweltering 30 degrees above zero. I couldn't seem to put my camera down...


The beach, it was a lot of fun trying to get from ice berg to berg without falling (to the amusement of on lookers, I sure) on our faces... special thanks goes to yak tracks.



But, when has the possibility of serious injury ever stumped adventure?

It's the closest thing to an igloo we could find..

Miah trying to climb the big rocks that are normally out in the water a bit.... climb Miah, CLIMB, quick, before the tide comes back in!!!





We even found evidence of an avalanche!!!! Okay, so it was a "mini" avalanche




THIS is what we climbed, well kind of slid/ tripped down in order to get to the beach...



Jeremiah slides to the next"hand grip"... sadly for him, I had the yak tracks..




Lady, in her prime... if I had to pick a picture that would describe lady, this one fits her to the "T"
"FREEDOM"




Jeremiah works with her... off the leash!!!




We are very very proud of her!



We were a little "iffy" on letting BOTH Bear and Lady off the leash at the same time,
but they both knocked our socks off and stayed close by!
(not to mention, they had a great time chasing and playing with each other!


Lady, slowing down a bit... but still livin' it up!


Lady and Bear tearin' the beach up with a good old fashioned game of
chase!







Lady found something interesting... treasure? dead fish?




NOW I'm tired!!!



And that was the end of that adveture, for the day.... but who knows what we'll be up to next...
Catch you next time (we hope) have a great day, and Happy St. Patty's Day...( don't eat anything too green!:)

From the





Get your own glitter and more at BlingyBlob.com

3 comments:

Keith Shaw said...

Ahh!! I love it!! It looks like you all had a great time! And how beautiful! You guys have some good kids, don't you! They look so happy, and so do both of you! I am looking forward to camping with you guys in the summer, I know Bubba would love to get in on that action!!

Glad you got out and had a good time! Talk to you later, B

4Hendos said...

Very pretty pics! But BRRRRRRRRRRR! Is all I can say! lol

Your furbabies sure minded well! I bet they go nuts in the snow! lol

Keith Shaw said...

Hey, I thought you where working on a new blog. Where is it?!?! And don't comment on my lack of posts, we are talking about you here!!